Application Security Maturity Research Study:
A joint research study between Security Innovation, Ponemon & IBM
- Surveyed over 800 Information/IT Security and Software Development professionals
- Goal was to understand application security maturity (ASM) – the skill levels, procedures followed, and tools adopted to create and deploy secure software applications
- Final Report includes full data point results augmented with expert insight and other industry trends
Highlights of Findings:
- “Code-induced threats present a greater inherent security risk than human factor threats”
- 3 times as many developers (38%) agree with this vs. InfoSec (13%)
- “Does your organization have a process for ensuring that security is built into new applications?
- 21% InfoSec said “No, we don’t have a process” vs.
- Developers: 46% said “No, we don’t have a process”
- "Most common ‘primary mean’ of securing Web-facing applications
- Network firewall (good grief!!)
Copyright © 2016 Security Innovation, Inc. All rights reserved.